Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 08:25:03 -0600
From: "Joshua J. Drake" <jtr-users@...p.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Problems with DES valid()?

Solar,

It seems that the DES valid() function is improperly marking some
hashes as invalid...  I'm not 100% sure this is a valid hash, but it
is the right length and contains the right characters.  I'm currently
looking at a file with a thousand or so of these hashes. One such hash
is PSdSQOAjO8IcV.

Is this hash invalid or is there something wrong with valid()?  If
it's invalid, why?

--
Joshua J. Drake