Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:42:26 -0400
From: "Random Intentions" <randomintentions@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: HMAC-MD5 SSE2 fails under Cygwin

To test that theory, I just did a fresh cygwin install, and I'm still
seeing the same issue.  Is there perhaps a lib I'm missing or
something?

Solar - the compilation does produce warnings as follows:

MD5_std.c:27: warning: alignment of 'MD5_std_all' is greater than
maximum object file alignment.  Using 16
BF_std.c:66: warning: alignment of 'BF_exp_key' is greater than
maximum object file alignment.  Using 16
BF_std.c:70: warning: alignment of 'BF_init_key' is greater than
maximum object file alignment.  Using 16
NSLDAP_fmt.c:59: warning: alignment of 'buffer' is greater than
maximum object file alignment.  Using 16
NSLDAPS_fmt.c:58: warning: alignment of 'buffer' is greater than
maximum object file alignment.  Using 16

Like I said, this is decidedly non-critical.  I just wanted to see if
someone had a quick fix.