Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:16:50 +0530
From: ram <ram@...core.co.in>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: cracking md5 passwords not working

I have got john 1.7.2 installed with the raw-MD5 patch (Linux  64 bit )

My passwords are created using Digest::MD5::md5_base64() perl function
(http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/Digest-MD5-2.36/MD5.pm )

But whenever I run john I get a error
No password hashes loaded

The document says the passwords must match  "openssl md5" passwords ,
that doesnt work too

echo  help:$(echo -n help | openssl md5) > /tmp/weak
./john --format=raw-MD5 /tmp/weak

No password hashes loaded

How do I get john working

Thanks