Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:48:28 +0200
From: Bucsay Balázs <earthquake@...on.hu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: raw-md5 module improvement

Solar Designer wrote:

> I suggest that you (and others) generate patches to JtR according to
> these conventions:
>
> 	http://openwall.info/wiki/how-to-make-patches
>
> It should be possible to apply properly generated patches by following
> these instructions:
>
> 	http://openwall.info/wiki/john/how-to-extract-tarballs-and-apply-patches
>
> Also, why don't you start uploading patches to the wiki? -
>
> 	http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches
>
> Either way, your patch is a candidate for inclusion in the next revision
> of the jumbo patch.

Okay i will do that way next time. A made a little modification to the
wiki's patch page, with my 2patches. And thx.

> This must be specific to your set of (fake?) hashes and cracking mode
> used.  With real-world samples of hashes, the effective c/s rate should
> increase as you load more hashes for cracking.

I dont understand this, how can i make fake hashes? Whats the difference
between the fake and the real-world samples?
When i increase the hash count, the c/s value is growing, but if i reach
the ~1500hash dream-line it gets to decreasing, it is the opposit of
your writing, ot just i dont understand this. So how is this working? :)

Thx

Balázs Bucsay