Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 11:27:48 +0100
From: Bucsay Balázs <>
Subject: Re: new MYSQL323 module

Im tested in 1.7.2, and the old mysql was in 1.7.1-bp2.

Results with linux-x86-sse2:
John the Ripper password cracker, version 1.7.1-bp2
Benchmarking: mysql [mysql]... DONE
Raw:    1756K c/s real, 1756K c/s virtual

Algoritm of mine:
John the Ripper password cracker, version 1.7.2
Benchmarking: MYSQL_fast [mysql-fast]... DONE
Raw:    13873K c/s real, 13929K c/s virtual

I Attached the patch to this mail.
If it isnt good for you, you will find here:

If you publish it on the openwall (i hope so), please mention our name:
Balázs Bucsay and Péter Kasza

Solar Designer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 05:19:47PM +0100, Bucsay Bal?zs wrote:
>> We (me and my pal) wrote a new mysql module for john, it is (10 times)
>> faster then what you have on the openwall.
> What patch/version did you benchmark yours against, specifically?
>> Are you interested in the code, becouse if you are, i can send it to the
>> list and you can publish it on the site.
> Sure, contributions are almost always appreciated (even when not by me,
> then at least by some of the users) - and it does not hurt to send such
> patches to the list right away.  Also, contributions serve to encourage
> others to contribute. :-)
> Please post the patch as a text/plain attachment if you can.  (The
> text/plain MIME type is desirable for some web-based archives of this
> mailing list.)
> Thanks,

Content of type "text/html" skipped

View attachment "john-1.7.2_MYSQL_fast.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (6036 bytes)

To unsubscribe, e-mail and reply
to the automated confirmation request that will be sent to you.