Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:29:14 -0500
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: What type of passwords does john crack?

On Jan 28, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Steve ...... wrote:

> shoot.. I got over 50 thousand HMAC MD5's I would love to starting
> cracking.. If anyone knows of a john support for HMAC MD5 or another
> program
> please let me know,
> Steve

If these are indeed HMAC MD5 hashes and you have the nonce associated
with the hash, you can use a program called mdcrack available at http://membres.lycos.fr/mdcrack/
  or try the John the Ripper patch from bartavelle at http://www.banquise.net/misc/patch-john.html
.

I have only limited testing of the John patch, but it does seem to
work as advertised.

Erik