Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:14:38 -0500
From: Adam Turk <bofh1234@...mail.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: custom character set

Hello,

I have read the john documentation and used google to try to find an answer to my question but I haven't found one.  I did find a partial answer in that I have to an incremental scan.  What I am trying to do is crack my password.  I know what characters are in it so I would like to limit the character list to those characters (tjesTJES) and a length of 10.  I added
[Incremental:MODE]
File = $JOHN/cust.chr
MinLen = 10
MaxLen = 10
CharCount = 8

to my john.ini file but I don't know how to limit the character set.  How can I tell john to only use tjesTJES as a character set?  I am also not sure is charcount is right.

Thanks,
Adam