Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:01:38 +0000
From: "Larry Bonner" <larry.bonner1@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: AES Bitslice and the PS3 MD5 cracking.

I hope Solar Designer doesn't mind me putting this question to some on
the mailing list.

I'm just curious how complicated it would be to implement AES as a
bitslice algorithm, as i've read that for CORE2 CPU, its actually
faster than "normal" way to compute AES.

Also, the comments on MD5 bitslice were interesting, did anyone notice
the claims in the media recently that Nick Breese was able to compute
1.4 billion hashes per second on a PS3?

Could anyone here verify how fast Solars MD5 implementation runs on PS3??
1.4 billion p/s seems extremely fast..is it possible?

has anyone seen Nicks presentation, or indeed code to see if his
claims are not just hype?