Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:48:39 +0100
From: Oliver Völker <o.voelker@....de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: John is finding a wrong password?

Hi!

 I've used pwdump3 to get the accounts an hashes from my Win XP computer.
 Then I've startet john
 john-mmx -i:all d:\test.txt

 After some time john displays me the password for my two accounts.
 One is correct, but the other one is not OK.
 I don't know the right password because a friend of mine set it and I
 should proofe that I can find it out.
 When I try to login with this password Win XP tells my "Wrong
 password"

 Any idea?
 John tells me after the start

D:\Temp\Passwort\john1701\run>john-mmx -i:all test.txt
Loaded 2 password hashes with no different salts (NT LM DES [64/64 BS MMX])
Warning: MaxLen = 8 is too large for the current hash type, reduced to 7
Warning: mixed-case charset, but the current hash type is case-insensitive;
some candidate passwords may be unnecessarily tried more than once.

Maybe this helps...

Bye,
Oliver