Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 04:31:27 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New NT patch

Alain,

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 11:06:04AM +0100, Alain Espinosa wrote:
> Revision #5

I took the liberty to release (in contrib/ and linked from the web page)
a "revision 5.1" instead.  This is essentially your -5 without SSE2 code
(since you've mentioned that it has a nasty known bug) and with split()
added to address the problem pointed out by Frank (it did apply - I have
a test case).  This patch passes my fairly rigorous tests on 4
architectures, with thousands of NTLM hashes generated by a Perl script.

antares - please give this patch a try and let us know of your results.

As a bonus, attached to this message is a Perl script to generate
PWDUMP-like files with LM and NTLM hashes based on a wordlist.  It uses
the Authen::Passphrase::LANManager and Authen::Passphrase::NTHash
modules available from CPAN.

Thanks,

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15

View attachment "gennthash.pl" of type "text/plain" (378 bytes)