Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:43:44 -0500
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New NT patch

On Feb 7, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Alain Espinosa wrote:

> Revision #4
>
> - This revision (I thinks) works for little-endian and big-endian
> architecture. Please someone that have a computer based on big-endian
> architecture test it. I test with little-endian.

The patch has an error in it, NT_fmt.o is not added to my Makefile by
the patch, I had to add it myself to get it to compile.

Works fine on my 1.3 Ghz G4 powerbook:

./john -format:NT -test
Benchmarking: NT MD4 [Rapid NT MD4]... DONE
Raw:    2878K c/s real, 2955K c/s virtual

./john -format:NT nt_hash.txt
Loaded 17 password hashes with no different salts (NT MD4 [Rapid NT
MD4])
aaaaaa           (sixa)
aaa              (threea)
m                (onem)
zzz              (threez)
aa               (twoa)
aaaa             (foura)
aaaaaaaa         (eighta)
mmm              (threem)
mmmm             (fourm)
z                (onez)
mm               (twom)
zz               (twoz)
mmmmmm           (sixm)
aaaaa            (fivea)
mmmmm            (fivem)
mmmmmmm          (sevenm)
zzzz             (fourz)
guesses: 17  time: 0:00:00:18 (3)  c/s: 2538K  trying: zzzz