Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:00:08 +0100
From: websiteaccess <websiteaccess@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com,
 SmarTeam Support <smarteam.support@...il.com>
Subject: Re: ipb2 and format Need help

 > As already mentioned before - comments on top of IPB2_fmt.c will
solve
> the problem :)
>
> a bit of quotation
>
>  *
>  * Hashes list should have form of username:$IPB2$salt$hash
>  * Values to be taken from IPB database, where:
>  * salt = bin2hex(ibf_members_converge.converge_pass_salt)
>  * hash = ibf_members_converge.converge_pass_hash
>  */
>
>  for your example the right format will be
>
>  xxxxxx@...mail.com:$IPB2$4726796c54$a91a4b42c1e70869a2a983d491d59a81
>
>  where 47,26,79,6c,54 is a series of hexadecimal codes of characters
>  from this salt-string "G&ylT"
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  SmarTeam                            mailto:smarteam.support@...il.com

 Thanks you for your precious help.

 My version is a precompiled mac JTR , sources are not provided with (I
don't have IPB2_fmt.c, I can't read it)

 This time JTR load the HASH correctly

      I have more than 4500 hash to crack.
      I have to extract each login/hash/salt for each account (I do it
with a software)

 but how can I convert each SALT in hexadecimal code ????? imagine
convert manually 4500 SALT !

 Is there an application (windows or mac) who can do all the job for me
(extract login/hash/convert salt from MySQL database), then export all
in
 a textefile all account ?

 Thanks

 W.