Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:50:52 -0400
From: "Nick Travis" <wormfishin@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: hash cracking help requests

On 10/13/06, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> I've approved the message below this time, although I am really not sure
> if we want to see this kind of requests on this mailing list.  Let's
> vote or something.  Simple votes ("yes, let these messages pass", "no,
> please reject them", and "I don't care") are to be sent to me privately.
> Elaborate comments and opinions may be posted to the list.

I don't mind these types of requests assuming the list doesn't become
flooded with them.  Personally as soon as I saw that email I started trying
to crack the hash.  There's something about a challenge that's hard for me
to resist.  Furthermore since the faster I crack the hash the more likely I
am to "win", I have been scouring google and the email archives for the last
20 minutes looking for anything that could be useful.  Which doesn't do much
good for anyone else, but it's definitely increasing my knowledge of JTR and
will hopefully allow me to contribute more to the list in the future.

As always thanks for the great software.

Nick

Thanks,