Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:00:56 +0200
From: Nicolai Leymann <nicolai@...ymann.de>
To: kraeh <kraeh@....net>
CC: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re[2]:  Development status

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 28. September 2006, 22:45 you wrote:

> since a friend of mine has reached about 1.500.000 c/s on one machine at
> a university, and i think thes dont have a 16GHz P4...u can guess john
> is multithreaded =)
Well. Was this the john benchmark or john running with a password
file?  c/s is the number of password/usernames per second not the
number of "crypt/second".  I think there is an entry in the FAQ
regarding c/s vs. crypt/second.

It would be nice to see full support for multi core/Multi CPU systems
in john ;)

  regards

    Nic