Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:11:01 -0400
From: John <guipenguin@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Using a pre-computed list of alphanumeric strings. (not rainbow tables)

Why would you have to generate that for every salt? When you have a word
list, its just plain text dictionary file, and John uses that.

I guess I overlooked something.....when I was cracking NT hashes with
pre-generated rainbow tables.... I could do it fast and effectively because
the hash could be broken into two 7 char strings, so really you are only
cracking 7 chars at a time....a MUCH smaller list then having a table of all
possible 14char alphanumeric combinations....

Thanks.