Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:03:24 +0100
From: Hari Sekhon <harisekhon@...il.com>
To:  john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: windows passwords now don't work

huh?

Are you saying that the lm hash is case insensitive but your password
is. If your password is compared to the lm hash then how could it be
case sensitive. It must be compared to a case sensitive hash. Are ntlm
and lm hashes different, ie the nt one was a next gen hash that enabled
case sensitivity?

hari