Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:01:09 +0100
From: thomas springer <thomas.springer@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: JtR 1.7 f. Win with NTLM-Hashes

I don't know if all of you are aware of this, but there is an NTLM
(MD4)-Patch for John 1.7 embedded in the "Jumbo Patch" at
http://www.openwall.com/john/contrib/john-1.7-all-3.diff.gz.

So far so good.

After applying the Jumbo-Patch on Cygwin, compilation failed on some
parts (kerberos and other). Compiling worked after ripping out a few
parts - the patched version is undocumented (have to look at the
patchcode to get the correct format-options), but works fine and fast
on LM and NTLM-Hashes.

Did anybody got to compile the complete Jumbo-Patch with JtR 1.7 under Windows?

I'll be happy to release a binary and at least rudimentary documented
patched windows-binary, but maybe somebody else got the "whole thing"
to work?

--
thomas.springer@...il.com
[nach mir der synflood.]