Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:49:11 -0800
From: Arias Hung <arias@...-g.net>
To: John Users <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: best john optimized architecture?

Curious, seeing as to how JTR is seemingly the best open source pw cracker out
there and also recognizing that john utilizing distributed processing has NOT
been developed to any usable degree at this point, which architecture that
in the list of john supported architectures offer the highest combinations/s?

I know this might be subjective as it might also depend on how much memory, but
does anyone have any stats of benchmarks on particular types of architecture?
This would be very interesting I think to see comparisons between linux-x86-mmx,
Tru64-alpha, ppc32-altivec, ppc64, etc ...

Also whether there are any noticeable differences in distro vs distro?

linux-mmx-x86 vs freebsd-mmx-x86 vs netbsd-mmx-x86?

or even OS vs OS

linux-mmx-x86 vs windows-mmx-x86?