Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 09:27:02 +0200
From: Christian Karpp <xn@...delbg.ibm.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: 2 Qs on john1.6 (stable)

hi guys,

even after reading the FAQL and searching the mailing list, I'm still
left with two questions unanswered. I hope they're not too stupid...

Q1: Why do some bechmarks on 'john -test' simply fail?
I've compiled john three times on identical ppc machines on AIX 4.3.3,
5.1 and 5.3. The one running on AIX 5.3 fails on BSDI DES (x725),
Kerberos AFS DES and NT LM DES. On AIX 4.3.3 and 5.1 all benchmarks run
fine. The compiler runs went thru fine on all machines.

Q2: Are you aware of any makefile stanzas for SLES9 on OpenPower?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE, Xn.