Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 15:16:27 -0400
From: <rs904c@...scape.net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: error when compiling the latest version of JtR bleeding on Centos 6 and 7

Problem resoled!

Your prompting below made me think this problem might have something to do with these files being a vmware share, since my host machine is windows.

I copied the JtR files from the vmware share to the local file system.  Then did a make clean, configure, and make.

This time it worked!!!

So, lesson learned:  Don't try to compile JtR from a vmware share, when cross platform is involved.

Thanks

-Robert B. Harris from VA