Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:18:59 -0500
From: jfoug <jfoug@...nwall.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: (offlist) Re: GPU-side mask mode

On 8/26/2016 12:55 PM, magnum wrote:
> The good news:
> We now have gpu-side mask mode (and compare) for NTLMv2-opencl. Speed
> seems to be roughly on par with Hashcat even though we fully support
> Unicode:
>
> The bad news:
> I did this bascially by copying Sayantan's mscash-opencl host code and
> part of kernel and then changing it for my needs. The bottom line is I
> still don't understand all of it. Lots of code is duplicated over
> formats. I think Sayantan started to clean that up (the NT format
> seems to use more shared code) but I have yet to digest that.

(pardon my ignorance, I do not know this code at all).

Is there a way to make this into a module (like we have done with SIMD
code), so that it does not have to be hooked so deeply into the format's
kernel code?  There would still be some interface code (like we have
with SIMD), but the main functionality is external.

I am sending this offlist, as I do not want to pollute your thread IF
this is total PEBCAK