Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 22:51:58 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problems on recent AMD driver

On 21 Nov, 2012, at 22:29 , Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com> wrote:
> I revert to unstable and create an #ifdef (as you was thinking): https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/pull/110/files

I made some comments on GitHub about a bug in that patch. BTW if I run it (with that bug fixed) on OSX with -DAMD_WORKAROUND, it mysteriously fails (i.e. we just hit yet another driver bug, sigh):

$ CL_LOG_ERRORS=stderr ../run/john -t -fo:md5crypt-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: Apple, 2 device(s).
Using device 1: GeForce GT 650M
[CL_INVALID_EVENT] : OpenCL Error : Failed to release event! Given event is invalid!
Break on OpenCLErrorBreak to debug.
[CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE] : OpenCL Fatal Error : Kernel execute detected an error that invalidated the queue (0x7fb4b924c5c0). This might be  due to a resource allocation or other execution time failure.
Break on OpenCLFatalBreak to debug.
[CL_PROFILING_INFO_NOT_AVAILABLE] : OpenCL Error : Failed to retrieve event profiling information!Event status is not set to complete!

Break on OpenCLErrorBreak to debug.
OpenCL error (CL_PROFILING_INFO_NOT_AVAILABLE) in file (opencl_cryptmd5_fmt.c) at line (256) - (Failed to get profiling info)

Anyway, could you try for example ntlmv2 and office2010 and see if the same fix solves it for them too?

magnum