Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 12:32:30 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking PDF files with JtR!

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 2012-08-04 08:29, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
>> I have added a new "npdf" format which handles all versions of
>> password protected PDF files (unlike the existing pdf format). It is
>> faster than the exsiting pdf format :-)
>
> Can't you just replace the old pdf format with this one? Or name this
> new one pdf and the old one pdf-old (until we drop it). That way they
> will be placed next to each other in the list.

npdf2john is not ready yet for general users. It works but you have to
get it from different repository. Once it is ready, I will drop pdf
format and rename npdf to pdf.

>> Can this be a plug-in (as it is now) safely?
>
> Does it build with OpenSSL 0.9.7?

Unlikely, since it doen't have SHA2 functions IIRC (I don't have a
system with OpenSSL 0.9.7). To be safe, I will make npdf non-plugin.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru