Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 01:00:19 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: relbench: map old and new format names

On 06/22/2012 09:44 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 09:38:48PM +0200, Frank Dittrich wrote:
>> Also, please let me know if you totally disagree with my approach.
>
> Can you move this to a separate (new) script, please?  I think your
> previous patch to relbench should also be in that new script instead (so
> it should be reverted in relbench proper).
>
> The new script would take a "john --test" output file as its input and
> produce equivalent output with the renames applied.
>
> It can be called, say, relbench-unify.

I called it benchmark-unify, because it converts a single benchmark
output file - and because it is the first executable with a name
starting with b in the run directory (for easier bash-completion).

I'll also attach a diff of the normal --test output for a jumbo
linux-x86-sse2i build with OMP enabled and the output converted using
benchmark-unify.

Frank

View attachment "0001-benchmark-unify-a-Perl-script-to-convert-benchmark-o.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (4836 bytes)

View attachment "diff-example-jumbo-5" of type "text/plain" (7176 bytes)