Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:11:20 +0100
From: Pablo Fernandez <pfernandez@....org>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GridBob: Contribution to John (for Grid Computing)

Dear Devels,

I would like to send you my small contribution to John the Ripper. It is a set
of scripts around John that allow a user, with a Grid Certificate, to run John
on the Grid. I called it GridBob.

It works by dividing John's incremental password space into consecutive
blocks, and sending a Grid job per each of those blocks. It comes with a filter
called External:Block that does exactly that, and with all tools to keep track
of all Grid jobs with CreamCE.

It depends on sqlite, and of course all Grid user tools, so it has to run in a
Grid User Interface. It also allows you to work into different independent
"sessions", with different password files and/or configuration.

I would also like to thank you all for your support during this process.

Kind regards,
Pablo Fernandez
Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "GridBob.tar" of type "application/x-tar" (81920 bytes)