Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 08:16:33 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] Owl 3.1-stable

Hi,

The Owl 3.1-stable branch forked off Owl-current in mid-2014 is finally
available on our FTP mirrors, including ISO images, OpenVZ container
templates, binary packages for x86_64 and i686, and full sources.  There
are also direct links for the ISOs off the Owl homepage:

http://www.openwall.com/Owl/

This officially ends the life of Owl 3.0-stable.

Also, Owl-current is not currently in a stable state that it usually
happened to be in.  Thus, Owl 3.1-stable is the branch that we currently
intend for actual use, with Owl-current temporarily intended for
development experiments only.

Recent changes in Owl 3.1-stable include update to RHEL 5.11-based
Linux/OpenVZ kernel along with Red Hat's fix for a local privilege
escalation vulnerability on x86-64 (CVE-2014-9322).  So please upgrade.

Alexander