Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 08:03:01 +0400
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: [openwall-announce] yescrypt - password hashing scalable beyond bcrypt and scrypt

A few days ago, I gave a lightning talk at PHDays conference in Moscow,
Russia, entitled "yescrypt - password hashing scalable beyond bcrypt and
scrypt".  Here are the slides:

There are also discussion threads on reddit:

yescrypt is our submission to Password Hashing Competition:

Once yescrypt is closer to being finalized, it will appear on the
Openwall website as well, but for now there are these slides, and a
specification document and implementation tarball on the PHC website
(emphasizing that it's still work-in-progress).