Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:51:33 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com, announce@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] John the Ripper 1.7.9 for Windows; Hash Suite

Hi,

This is to announce two things at once:

1. As many of you are aware, there hasn't been a new official build of
John the Ripper for Windows for years.  (The latest official build was
of version 1.7.0.1, and there were many user-contributed builds.)

Well, this has changed.  I've just released an official binary build of
John the Ripper 1.7.9 for Windows, available in the usual place:

http://www.openwall.com/john/

There's no -jumbo based on 1.7.9 yet, but we'll have one soon.

2. Alain Espinosa, a contributor to -jumbo, has released a password
cracker program of his own.  This is Hash Suite for Windows:

http://hashsuite.openwall.net

It is shareware (commercial with a free trial), currently offered at a
low nominal price in order to receive more feedback.  The functionality
is comparable to that of L0phtCrack - Windows hashes (LM, NTLM, MSCash),
Windows GUI, and a report engine (producing some pretty reports).

Alexander