Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:59:21 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com, owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [openwall-announce] new Owl ISOs & OpenVZ templates

Hi,

There's a fresh snapshot of Owl-current (generated a few hours ago)
available on our FTP mirrors:

http://www.openwall.com/Owl/DOWNLOAD.shtml

(so far, it has propagated to mirrors.kernel.org and to several other
mirrors).

Besides the full source code, this includes pre-built packages, ISOs,
and OpenVZ container templates for i686 and x86-64.  As usual, there are
also direct download links to the ISOs on the Owl homepage:

http://www.openwall.com/Owl/

In this snapshot, the kernel has been updated to OpenVZ's latest from
their "RHEL5 testing" branch (2.6.18-194.11.3.el5.028stab071.3) with
minor additional changes.  Some of the changes made in Red Hat's
-194.11.3, which this kernel builds upon, are security fixes.  The
relevant links are included in the Owl-current change log entry:

http://www.openwall.com/Owl/CHANGES-current.shtml

CD bootup and the installer have been improved some further.  (Yes, the
bug with autodetection of boot CD on IDE slaves is now fixed.)

The e2fsprogs, diffutils, bison, man-pages, man, diffstat, gawk, cdrkit,
iptables, sed, grep, ltrace, hdparm, mktemp, vsftpd, acct, file, and m4
packages have been updated to new upstream versions.  This is mostly due
to work by our new core team member, Vasiliy Kulikov.  Although many
packages have been updated, we've been careful to make only those
updates that we found "safe enough" to make when Owl-current is in a
stable state (approaching a release).

Assorted minor improvements have been made and/or bugfixes applied to
several other packages.

As usual, any feedback is welcome on the owl-users mailing list.

Alexander