Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:17:23 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: announce@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Linux 2.2.21-ow2, Owl CDs

Hi,

Linux 2.2.21-ow2 has been released yesterday and includes many
security fixes for issues with the Linux kernel discovered during code
reviews by Silvio Cesare, me, and others.  None are known to be
exploitable remotely, but local attacks are possible in most setups.
Many of the fixes are to drivers and architecture-specific code,
though.  2.2.22 should include almost all of this once released.

The patch is available at the usual location:

	http://www.openwall.com/linux/

It is now possible to order Openwall GNU/*/Linux (Owl) on a CD with
delivery worldwide and support our project by doing so:

	http://www.openwall.com/Owl/orders.shtml

Currently shipping is the 2002/09/10 Owl-current snapshot, which is
already updated to include Linux 2.2.21-ow2.  This is also the kernel
version you get with the live CD-booted system (yes, Owl may be used
in this way, too).

Of course, the corresponding ISO image is also available for download
from our FTP mirrors as listed on the Owl homepage and in DOWNLOAD on
any of the mirrors:

	http://www.openwall.com/Owl/

Other recent changes to Owl may be seen in the system-wide change log
(Owl/doc/CHANGES), also available via the web:

	http://www.openwall.com/Owl/CHANGES.shtml

(This is very far from an exhaustive list of changes.  Small changes
to individual packages are mentioned in change logs for the packages
themselves, not here.)

--
/sd